Saturday, January 10, 2009

bed-time prayers ***

Sleep Prayer (from Practical Celtic Magic)
Noble Brigit,Who didst by Danu's laws
Stand by the steads of those
Who sought thine aid in days of old,
Subtly stretch thine arms, oh Goddess Bright
Across this humble placeWherein I rest my head
That I may seek slumber
Knowing all full well
That they who wish me harm may not approachBeing warded by thy shield.


Child's Bedtime Prayer
Mother of all things, watch over me tonight,
Hold me in your arms, until the morning light.
Blessed be the mother , by all her many names.
May she bless my family and friends.
May she bless the animals of the world,
and all people everywhere.

OR

Earth-Focused Prayers

The earth is big and fat and round,
I love the sky, the sea and the ground,
I love the birds and dogs and sheep,
and all the animals that fall asleep,
I love the flowers and rocks and trees,
I love the earth, and it loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment