Tips For The Kitchen Witch
1. A quartz crystal placed on or near the stove when cooking makes food taste better.
2. A pot of basil herb grown in your kitchen keeps the area safe from evil forces and negative spirits.
3. Candles keep their shape better and longer when chilled thoroughly in the refrigerator.
4. A witch's kitchen should never be without a lunar calender or chart showing the phases of the moon and its movement through the wheel of the zodiac.
5. A full moon increases extrasensory perception and is the ideal time to prepare and use potions that increase the psychic abilities.
6. Love phiters and aphrodisiacs should always be prepared during the waxing of the moon.
7. The best time to plant an herb or vegetable gardens when the moon is in Cancer, Scorpio, Libra or Pisces.
8. Homemade magickal incenses, sachets and potpourris become more fragrant if aged several months before used.
9. Homemade incense always should be stored in tightly capped or corked jars.
10. Unlucky influences should be kept away from the when cooking or preparing magickal recipes, and this is accomplished by stirring in a clockwise direction.
11. An aloe vera plant should be kept on the kitchen, as its juices are an instant cure for minor kitchen burns.
12. Herbal preparations should never be boiled in aluminum vessels, but in only copper, earthenware or pyrex to avoid contamination of the medicines.
13. Before casting spells or preparing potions, always keep in mind the Wiccan Rede: "Do what ye will an' harm none."